Sunday, July 20, 2008




It’s been a while since I last voiced my voice… you see things have been rather hectic around here. It’s like this. I was writing a book. http://www.anitanair.net/novels/Goodnight_and_God_Bless/index.htm


The official version is Mamu wrote it. But the truth is, of course, something else... I mean a dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do...whether it is acknowledged or not...Besides she has told me a million times that she couldn’t have done it without me.

What happened was Mamu got on first name basis with parts of her vertebra and we had to keep her in bed. Now the only way to keep her there was for me to lie on her feet. One of those days, I looked deep into her eyes and beamed, “Why don’t we do a book?”
She lay there sunk deep in melancholy. The woman should take a patent on melancholy. Her response was: “What can I write about? I need to get out and see people; talk to strangers, travel, seek my story out in the world etc." Rubbish.
I sighed. Then I rose and put my head on the pillow next to hers. Would I need to spell it out to her, I wondered?
Read my lips Mamu...Write about me. Write about Himself and Ette. Write about your house guest who had me locked in a room [I shudder when I think of that episode. Things really got out of hand. I mean if I were Paris Hilton or Britney Spears, the paparazzi would be paying me to ventilate about it…I would be on Oprah witha box of tissues! Or, one of those Hollywood agents would be signing me to do a mega movie with a book deal thrown in…]
The good thing about Mamu is she listens to me. So there we were. Very very busy with the book.
Well, the book is pretty much about me…because what else do I write about. But I guess when I wasn't watching her, she got carried away because it also seems to be about everything else. But that’s fine. I am not a primadogga. I don’t mind sharing my spot in the sun…even if it is with mice, the wind, airport hotels, books, writers etc...besides I am the only one who got on the cover...
But I am a little hurt. They had a book event to celebrate the book. And I wasn't there. I wasn't allowed to be there....will keep that for the next time...so watch this space as they say….

1 Comments:

Blogger asimov said...

I read your latest non-fiction goodnight and god bless.I enjoyed it very much.I have read some of the books you mentioned like Jane Austin, John Irving, Thomas Harris Theodore Dreisr etc. Ofcourse i have read Henry Miller in my college days way back in 60's. It was underground books those days. But reading those books never kindled the kind of response you underwent except ColinWilson's The Outsider and Thomas Moore's The Darkness of Soul. That is why you are a writer and i am a reader.I am wondering whether you have read those two books as you have not mentioned it. I am considering it as one of the best books i have come across.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home